Is running in the mind or the legs?

Leave a Comment
Since I decided I wanted to start running and signed up to run the Great North Run for the Samaritans Charity (before I had even started any training!) people have told me many times that running is mostly in the mind! They said the biggest hurdle to overcome is mentally telling yourself you can do it. On hearing this I was very sceptical and thought it was utter rubbish! Obviously there is some physical ability there too in what they are saying, but these people say if you can run for a bus then you can run a marathon if you want, its all in the mindset! My opinion was very much that 99% of running is physically being able to and the remaining 1% is the mental side of having that urge to run.


SHARE:
0 comments

A taste of summer!

Leave a Comment
It is almost the end of May so allegedly it is almost summer though sometimes lately I am not convinced! Anyway, I thought I would share some of my favourite summer recipes with you. Please remember to check yourself that any ingredients you use are syn free or a healthy extra choice as these are always subject to change and you are responsible for your own weight loss. If you are anything like me in the summer you want cooler food and things that can be eaten well outside maybe with a glass of wine (synned of course if you follow Slimming World!) or for a BBQ or with friends. Salads are great for the summer but we don't want to feel that's our only choice do we! Here are some summer recipes I have enjoyed that may help you with some ideas.
SHARE:
0 comments

A beginner to exercise, where to start!?

3 comments
You may be reading this and be thinking that you might like to start exercise but don't know where to start? Or maybe you're reading this just wondering how I am getting on in my efforts to learn to run and complete a half marathon all within less than 20 weeks!


SHARE:
3 comments

My next challenge...a bit of magic!

Leave a Comment
Here we are, a post I have been excited about writing for the last few weeks, a post I have written numerous times in my head and reworded again and again on the laptop!

As you will know if you have followed my blog for a while I have lost over 10 Stone (at the lowest weight I have been I had lost 10st 5.5lb) by following Slimming World with no exercise. I have never been one to enjoy exercise, even at school I did everything I could to avoid sports from twisted ankles to forgotten kits with the extra excuse of irregular monthly cycles thrown in there once in a while! I have however for years wanted to do a marathon for charity and last September after the Great North Run had been televised I had one of my bursts of determination and went out for a couple of run/walks and was determined to start running but as usual I soon gave up! My previous blog post about exercise can be found here. 


SHARE:
0 comments

10 ways to get that extra speed!

1 comment
Some of us love vegetables and find it easy to add extra speed foods (some vegetables and salad known as speed foods to those not following Slimming World!) to our meals, others struggle either because they don't like many vegetables or they have children who don't and want to feed everyone the same meals. Here are some ideas that you may or may not have thought of which may help you get the speed foods on your plate without always having the same things.


SHARE:
1 comments
Next PostNewer Posts Previous PostOlder Posts Home
BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig