I love risotto and recently decided that I fancied mushroom risotto so after a bit of experimenting I made the following and it was lovely so I thought I would share it!
Ingredients (serves 4)
900g Mushrooms, chopped
9tsp Crushed Garlic
2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
1 Litre Boiling Vegetable or Mushroom Stock
300g Arborio Rice
Low Calorie Cooking Spray
This is a really simple recipe that you really can not possibly go wrong with. The amount of garlic can be changed to taste but I find this about right for us.
1. Using the Low calorie cooking spray in a large frying pan, fry one of the tsp of garlic with the onion until the onion is soft but not caramelised.
2. Add the dry Arborio rice to the frying pan and fry for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
3. Add two ladles of stock and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining stock one ladle at a time stirring continuously and not adding the next until each ladle is absorbed by the rice.
4. Meanwhile using a large frying pan and low calorie cooking spray fry the mushrooms in the garlic until cooked but still quite firm.
5. Add the mushrooms into the rice with the final ladle of stock and stir to combine.
6. Serve. We enjoy it with roasted carrots and steamed broccoli or fried peppers and onions.
If you have enjoyed reading this recipe and would like to try other recipes that I enjoy pop over to my recipes tab which can be found here for some different recipes you might like to try. If you are looking for weight loss tips, reviews or giveaways please feel free to explore my other tabs and have a good look around my website.
If you do not want to miss out on other recipes, giveaways, tips, reviews and everything else I share then you can sign up for my weekly email. My email contains all my blog posts of that week so you will never miss a giveaway! To sign up type your email in the box below and don’t forget to click on the confirmation email you will receive.