Serves 4 Large portions (as pictured)
250g Paella rice (dried)
1.5 litres Chicken stock
3 gloves garlic crushed
6 Chorizo style Slimming World sausages – grilled and sliced
1 chicken breast cooked and shredded into chunks
4 smoked bacon medallions lightly fried until just cooked and cut into small chunks
2 tbsp. smoked paprika
3 peppers deseeded and cut into small chunks
2 small red onions peeled and finely chopped
3 small red onions peeled and quartered
Large handful of baby spinach
15 cherry tomatoes halved
Low Calorie cooking spray
|Mixed meat paella|
1. Using Low calorie cooking spray in a large frying pan over a medium high heat, fry garlic and the finely chopped onion until soft.
2. Add paella rice and fry gently for 2 minutes.
3. Add two ladles of the chicken stock and stir gently until rice has absorbed all the liquid.
4. Add two more ladles of stock one at a time stirring gently, only adding the second when the first has been completely absorbed.
5. Add to the pan the paprika, quartered onions, peppers, sausage slices, chicken, and bacon along with another 2 ladles of stock and stir gently until liquid absorbed.
6. Continue adding the stock a ladle at a time only adding the next when the previous has been absorbed and stirring gently until only 2 ladles of stock remain.
7. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and the second to last ladle of stock and stir gently until liquid absorbed.
8. Add the spinach with the final ladle of stock and stir until liquid absorbed and the spinach has started to wilt but still is whole and fresh looking.
9. Serve immediately.
Although if allowed to cool and thoroughly reheated this was just as tasty the following day Stuart says! I am vegetarian so couldn’t tell you!
Whilst this recipe is currently syn free whilst following Slimming World remember it is your responsibility to check syn values etc.
If you want to check other recipes we have enjoyed as a family please click here to be taken directly to my recipes tab. If you follow me on any social media and would like me to share any recipes of food I make and enjoy do let me know and I will do my best!
If you enjoy reading my blog please do feel free to click through the different tabs to find weight loss tips, reviews, light reading, giveaways, recipes and lots more! if you would like to sign up to receive my weekly newsletter containing all that weeks posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive.