Serves 3 (Large portions so you could make it serve 4)
150g Dry pasta twists.
4 Jalapeno peppers sliced.
Half a red pepper deseeded and sliced.
Half a orange pepper deseeded and sliced.
Half a yellow pepper deseeded and sliced.
Large red onion sliced.
7 Mushrooms sliced
600g tinned chopped tomatoes
3 Chicken breasts thinly sliced
2 tbsp. Fajita Seasoning
1 tube of Primula Light
45g Grated 50% less fat cheddar.
If you want to serve 4 and still use the healthy extra a element for each person on Slimming World you could add an additional 45g of the grated cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 200c/Gas 6.
2. Sprinkle the Fajita seasoning over the sliced chicken and cook for around 25 minutes or until all chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir half way through cooking to ensure all is coated in the seasoning.
3. Cook pasta according to packet instructions then drain and set aside.
4. In a bowl mix together the onion, mushrooms, peppers, tinned tomatoes, grated cheese and jalapenos then add to the casserole dish with the cooked pasta. (I tend to mix it all in the casserole dish to save washing up!)
5. Add the cooked chicken and mix thoroughly.
6. Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes or until bubbling and hot throughout.
7. Remove from the oven and top with the Primula light.
8. Replace in the oven for around 10 minutes or until the Primula has melted.
9. Serve and enjoy!
We reheated the following day with no problems and I am sure it would freeze well too though we haven’t tried it yet!
If using the Primula light and grated cheese as the Healthy extra a option on Slimming World this is syn free at present providing the fajita mix you use it free.
If you enjoy reading my blog please do feel free to click through the different tabs to find weight loss tips, reviews, lifestyle articles, giveaways, recipes and lots more! If you would like to sign up to receive my weekly newsletter containing all that weeks posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive.