The recipe links below are to recipes both on my website and also those of others, all shared with their permission and all look amazing! Some may be in a post with other recipes so you may need to scroll for the appropriate recipe but it will be worth it!
Garlci Mushroom and Spinach Pasta Bake – I absolutely love this one and great when you have spinach to use up!
Mushroom Soup – A great one if you buy lots of mushrooms reduced!
Butternut Squash Risotto – This is one of my all time favourites!
Spaghetti Primavera – Tasty and looks lovely without looking cheap.
Chilli Egg Noodles and Vegetable Stir Fry – Depending on budget you can add meat or Quorn
Spaghetti Bolognese – A great one for hiding vegetables if you have a picky eater!
Easy Tomato Soup – super easy and super cheap.
Sausage Cassoulet – Would be great served on its own or with boiled rice.
Garlic Mushroom Risotto – You can make this as stronger by adjusting the quantity of garlic!
Minestrone Soup – Sounds good and so cheap too!
Garlic Mushroom Tagliatelle – Just don’t eat it the night before a job interview!
Baked Eggs with Spinach – Must try this one, though as I am vegetarian I would use Hendersons Relish instead of Worcester Sauce
Gardener’s Pie – Great for around Christmas when supermarkets often have root vegetables on offer!
Spanish Omelette – Would be great as a snack or with homemade chips and salad.
Carrot and Ginger Soup – Super cheap!
Chicken Curry in a Hurry – I love how simple this sounds, great for when you’re answering 101 questions from the kids!
Mushy Pea Curry – Sounds weird but is lovely!
Ultimate Lazy Tuna Fishcakes – Could be served with salad, vegetables or whatever you fancy really!
Stuffed Peppers – These are great to serve with any vegetables you need to use up and can be topped with cheese.
Tasty Potato Bake – This recipe is for one but could be easily quadrupled to make enough for four.
Pasta Bake – Simple but a good budget meal!
Beef Lasagne – Using frozen mince and being thrifty with where you shop you could just about do this one for a fiver, lasagne is such a popular food it would have been a shame to not include it!
BBQ Chicken – If you have the store cupboard ingredients already and use frozen chicken this can be under £5 or use a cheaper cut like chicken thigh instead.
Rich Tomato Soup – A great one if you buy lots of fresh tomatoes reduced!
Caramelised Red Onion and Rosemary Mini Quiches – Whilst these are not a meal themselves they could be serves with a salad to make a nice cheap meal.
Slow Cooker Cottage Pie Filling – Whilst this is not syn free on Slimming World it isn’t too bad at all and with either cheap packet mashed potato or homemade it is within budget!
Chicken Fajita Pasta Bake – cheaper using frozen chicken, would come in over £5 using fresh chicken
Creamy Cheese and Ham Fusilli Bake – This one comes in very close to £5 but depends where you shop and if things are on offer!
Bean and Rice Burritos – These are great and for kids who don’t like them you could always add a little cheese or ham in the wraps instead!
Middle Eastern Casserole – Good in the slow cooker too!
Vegetable Biryani – This is so tasty and you really wouldn’t realise how cheaply it can be made if you have the spices already!
Sweet and Sour Vegetables – Popular with kids too this is great with egg noodles!
Winter Vegetable Casserole – Great for the slow cooker!
Nacho Style Feast – This recipe is for two but can be doubled and comes in just in budget using frozen mince and grated cheese instead of Primula, using Primula depending on offers it can put it just above budget but it is so nice I thought I would add it!
Sausage Casserole – I find best value if you use the Morrisons Cumberland low fat sausages that are one syn each.
BBQ Pulled Pork – If you already have the Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce this is under £5 otherwise it can be higher.
Some other Suggestions…
- Jacket Potatoes – Various fillings can be done with the potatoes very cheaply, such as cottage cheese, baked beans, grated cheese, tuna, mushy peas, and served with a salad.
- Pasta Salad – Cook some pasta and chuck it in a salad to make the salad a bit more filling! I have a Morrisons syn free salad dressing I like to add too.
- Chuck it in Curry – Add lots of vegetables and anything that needs using to the slow cooker with a bit of curry powder!
- A simple omelette with homemade chips and salad can be cheap and easy to make. If you struggle turning over an omelette just cook it on the bottom then pop it under the grill to cook the top!
- Bubble and Squeak – mashed potato and left over vegetables all fried up with some gravy on or even homemade gravy using a stock cube or stock pot if you want to be syn free!
A Few Top Tips
- If you are looking for 5% beef mince cheaply try Iceland, they have a great value bag of frozen mince that is only 5% fat so ideal for cutting the costs.
- Frozen vegetables can cut the costs
- If something is on offer for example on the Aldi super six then I often try to bade meals around that to reduce cost!
- If you are looking for more money saving tips for a healthy diet check out one of my previous posts which can be found here.
- If you are looking for more Slimming World Friendly recipes check the others in my recipes tab.
- For 30 money saving hacks for the kitchen in general have a look over a previous post of mine which can be found here.
- If you are new to Slimming World and looking for more suggestions of what to eat how about taking a look at my FREE one week meal plan which you can sign up for along with my weekly email here.
- If you like lists like this of meal ideas check out my Quark recipe ideas post and my Slow Cooker recipe ideas post.
If you enjoy reading my blog please do feel free to click through the different tabs to find weight loss tips, reviews, lifestyle articles, giveaways, recipes and lots more!
If you would like to sign up to receive my weekly newsletter containing all that weeks posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and you will get a FREE one week Meal Plan designed by me! Don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive.