Jalfrezi is one of my favourite curries to cook, partly because I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to spicy things but this is one I really like, and partly because it is really easy to make! The ingredients are things I generally have in the fridge/freezer anyway so it is an ideal meal to make that whilst it is quite quick and easy to make it feels like a proper meal as such!
This is Syn Free if you follow Slimming World like I do
4 skinless chicken breast fillets or 6 Quorn fillets
2 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
3 peppers (deseeded and sliced)
1 large onion (peeled and sliced)
2 Garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
2cm peeled and finely grated root ginger
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Ground Coriander
Low calorie cooking spray
Rice to serve
1. Cut the chicken or Quorn into strips and set aside, for the chicken this is easier after flattening between two sheets of cling film with a rolling pin!
2. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and pepper then fry for a further 6-7 minutes.
4. Add the ground cumin, ground coriander, curry powder and chilli powder and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the Chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes or add the Quorn and fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Stir in the tomatoes and cover the pan then cook on low for 15 minutes until chicken (if using) is cooked through.
Serve with plain boiled rice immediately.
I have reheated this the following day in a microwave with no problems.
TOP TIP: I use frozen ginger and garlic to save time and because then I always have them in!
If you enjoy reading my blog please do feel free to click through the different tabs to find weight loss tips, reviews, lifestyle articles, giveaways, recipes and lots more!
If you would like to sign up to receive my weekly newsletter containing all that weeks posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and you will get a FREE one week Meal Plan designed by me! Don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive.