We have all made mistakes in dieting that seemed to make sense at the time but didn’t help us at all, here is a light hearted list of 20 for you to giggle at and realise you’re not alone! We all make the same sort of mistakes and we laugh about them too so give this a share and see how many friends also recognise themselves in these!
1. I bought something whilst shopping and ate it before I got home – if no one saw it then it doesn’t count right?
2. I did a little bit of exercise so I can eat 6 bars of chocolate and a family size bag of crisps! I deserve it!
3. I pinched a bite of the kids food but it doesn’t count because I was stopping it being wasted!
4. The bread had todays date on so I had a bit extra because it is better than throwing it away!
5. While the car was being serviced they had a coffee machine, there was no sweetener so I had sugar, it doesn’t count though because I needed a coffee or two (or three)!
6. The supermarket had my favourite pastry on reduced to 5p as it was the end of the day, its only 5p so it doesn’t matter does it.
7. I had a salad with my burger at the take away so it is ok isn’t it, its better than just the burger and fries!
8. I ate out and didn’t ask for the salad without dressing but I am sure it will be fat free dressing so wont worry about that.
9. I can’t start a diet again today, its the weekend, I will start Monday!
10. Everyone else is having a dessert so I will too, it wont hurt and it would be rude not to!
11. I bought a packet of biscuits because I felt naughty but then I felt guilty so instead of having small bits occasionally I ate the lot so I wouldn’t have to keep being tempted!
12. Pepsi, diet Pepsi, what’s the difference it wont hurt this once!
13. If I drink lots of wine and then forget about it tomorrow it wont matter because I wont remember what I drunk!
14. Banoffee Pie has bananas in so it can’t be too unhealthy, I will just have it without cream!
15. Raisins and wine are both made from grapes so we will pretend they are healthy!
16. My friend/partner is eating it so I can too, they always have it and are so thin so it can’t be too bad!
17. If its healthy when it’s home made then its fine just this once from the take away it surely can not possibly be that bad.
18. I didn’t plan my meals so I just grabbed a few bits at the shop, I am in a rush so haven’t got time to work out what is good for me and what isn’t, meal planning isn’t important.
19. I am starting my diet tomorrow so I may as well use up all this bad stuff now!
20. It is just a few nibbles on a buffet, I will eat my healthy meal later so this doesn’t count!
If you enjoy reading my blog please do feel free to click through the different tabs to find weight loss tips, reviews, light reading, giveaways, recipes and lots more! If you would like to sign up to receive my weekly newsletter containing all that weeks posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive.