It is so easy to get bored of jacket potatoes because you get stuck on the same fillings but actually if you put a little thought into it a jacket potato is a really versatile meal and there are so many fillings you can have that are either syn free or use your healthy extra a allowance. Here are some suggestions you might not have thought of. Don’t forget to add some vegetables or salad to it though if you can for a truly Slimming World friendly meal.
- Cottage cheese – this really is one of my favourite fillings and if its fat free and plain its generally syn free!
- Baked beans – simple but yummy
- Cheese and beans – just be careful to keep the cheese in your allowance or syn it.
- Mushy peas – not my thing at all but Stuart loves them on jacket potatoes.
- Chick Pea Dahl – The one in this post is syn free and good value.
- Spaghetti hoops – not my idea of a good filling but many people love them.
- Ratatouille – you can easily make this yourself with onions, peppers, herbs and tomatoes.
- Stir fry vegetables – add some flavouring like fajita spice and it makes it lovely.
- Mince and onions
- Chilli – if you have it one day for tea then make extra for a jacket the following day or pop in freezer.
- Bolognese – as above with chilli save some from a meal.
- Curry – again if you make it save extra for a jacket!
- Tuna – it doesn’t have to be with mayonnaise you could add some fat free fromage frais to stop it being too dry
- Coleslaw – make some Slimming world friendly coleslaw – recipe here.
- Bacon and melted cheese – be sure to weigh the cheese and remove the far from the bacon
- Cheese and garlic fried mushrooms – weight the cheese and use frylight for the mushrooms.
- Sweet and sour vegetables – Recipe here.
- Chicken/Quorn and mushroom curry – recipe here.
- Keema Curry – recipe here.
- Mediterranean Vegetables in a Balsamic tomato sauce – recipe here.
- Sticky Mushrooms – these are lovely and so easy to make, recipe here.
Maybe you have some other ideas? Do comment below and share them!
If you would like a ready made meal plan for you for a week then pop your email address below to get your free meal plans and printable planning sheet. I will also send you my weekly email with new recipes etc but you can unsubscribe at any time.[mailerlite_form form_id=1]