This is a collaborative post.
Improving your mental and physical health is no quick fix; the road to improved wellbeing takes time, dedication, and above all- a plan! For five unique ways to improve your wellbeing, have a try of these.
1. Help Others
A study in the Clinical Psychological Science Journal suggested that ‘engaging in prosocial behaviour might be an effective strategy for reducing the impact of stress on emotional functioning.’ The main example of prosocial behaviour in the study involved helping others. Participating in charity work can be a fantastic way to improve your wellbeing and there are so many amazing causes to get involved with.
2. Seek Inspiration
When you’re feeling blue, it can be hard to get yourself out of the rut. Whether it’s anxiety or boredom, what you need is to feel inspired. There are many self-care themed podcasts that can help listeners to find the motivation they need. To get you started, check out:
- Put Yourself First: Tune in and join Kat Horrocks on a nourishing self-care journey! Learn how to feel more confident, how to bounce back from adversity, and above all- how to put yourself first!
- Self Care Is Sexy: In this fantastic podcast, Kris Wood explores plenty of inspiring self-care topics. Learn how to make self-care a priority, and how to become authentically yourself.
- Self Care Spotlight: Alyssa Kuzins podcast is all about helping you to live your best life. It’s about expanding radiance, healing, managing your energy, and setting self-care goals. Alyssa is on a mission to empower you ‘to unapologetically take up space.’
When you’re listening to podcasts, it can be helpful to have your journal handy. Write down any essential parts that resonate with you the most. Another thing to consider is the importance of the number 1111. There is a lot written about that being an angel number, go and have a look!
3. Live A Greener Lifestyle
It isn’t easy to feel good about yourself if you’re not doing your bit to protect our earth! Living a greener lifestyle means reducing your carbon footprint and improving your wellbeing at the same time. There are so many ways to protect the planet including installing solar panels, conserving water, growing your own food, or shopping second-hand. You’ll be pleased to know that solar panel suppliers offer affordable rates and that your energy bills will be reduced once you make the switch.
4. Singing, (it really works)
Want to boost your endorphin levels and feel instantly happier? Singing is the answer! You don’t need to have a great voice to sing, just enthusiasm, (and the willingness to let go)! Whether it’s singing when you’re alone in the house, or karaoke with friends, don’t underestimate the joyful release you’ll experience!
5. Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Improving your wellbeing isn’t always a comfortable journey when you feel stagnant, you’ve got to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Challenge yourself to try something new, even if it’s a little scary at first. Whether it’s learning a musical instrument or joining a social club, challenge yourself and see how amazing you feel. During these strange times, there are still plenty of online meet-ups to get involved with.
Free gifts for you
Are you struggling to exercise, lose weight or feel good about yourself? The free resources and support programmes I have to help you might be just what you need! Check them out by clicking the image below!