I absolutely love visiting London, there is so much to do. I have been looking recently at booking a few days there again at some point over the summer so have been looking for unusual things to do there rather than all the usual trendy things to do in London. Here are some of my favourite ideas.
Places to go when visiting London
- If you really want to take in everything then an open-top bus tour is a must. You get to see so many London Landmarks and can hop on and off whenever you like throughout the day. The picture above is Ben on an open-top bus next to The Tower of London.
- The Mary Poppins tour of London. If you love the film like I do then you are sure to love this tour by the sounds of it. I have not been on it but it is definitely on my to do list! The same company also do Peaky Blinders official tour, Harry Potter, and so many more so check out their website!
- Madame Tussauds is amazing. I have not been for many years but desperately want to go back. If you have not been then I would highly recommend a visit while you are in London.
- The Clink prison museum. This might not be everyone’s cup of tea but to me it sounds amazing. I love anything related to crime and spend ages watching real crime programmes on TV. At the same time why not go and check the hidden cells of Newgate prison.
- Paddington train station – go to see the fabulous bear statue and visit the amazing Paddington shop. I would love to go here but I am not sure my bank balance would appreciate it! You could even add to the Paddington Bear experience by doing a black cab tour of Paddington film locations!
- Eat at The Gherkin. We did this recently and it was amazing you can see for miles with such stunning views.
- Visit Kensington Palace to see the dress collection of Princess Diana. We did this last summer and I absolutely loved it.
- Check out the Foundling Museum. This sounds so lovely but also so heartbreaking sharing how the charity was set up to help abandoned children. Also showing keepsakes of the mothers who felt they had no choice but to abandon their children.
- Greenwich meridian line. I have never been but this does sound like the sort of thing I would love.
- London’s smallest police station at Trafalgar Square. When you are in the area this is a nice little extra to spot.
If you are looking for somewhere nice to stay in London then do check out my review of The Coach and Horses, Kew.
What would you love to do in London?
Free gifts for you
Are you struggling to exercise, lose weight or feel good about yourself? The free resources and support programmes I have to help you might be just what you need! Check them out by clicking the image below!