A healthy chicken fajita pasta bake recipe for all the family
150 grams Dry pasta twists.
4 Jalapeno peppers sliced.
1/2 red pepper deseeded and sliced.
1/2 orange pepper deseeded and sliced.
1/2 yellow pepper deseeded and sliced.
1 Large red onion sliced.
7 Mushrooms sliced
600 grams tinned chopped tomatoes
3 Chicken breasts thinly sliced
2 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
1 tube (150g) Primula Light
80 grams Grated 50% less fat cheddar.
1. Preheat oven to 200°c/Gas 6.
2. Sprinkle the Fajita seasoning over the sliced chicken and cook for around 25 minutes in the oven or until all chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir half way through cooking to ensure all is coated in the seasoning.
3. Cook pasta according to packet instructions then drain and set aside.
4. In a bowl mix together the onion, mushrooms, peppers, tinned tomatoes, grated cheese and jalapenos then add to the casserole dish with the cooked pasta. (I tend to mix it all in the casserole dish to save washing up!)
5. Add the cooked chicken and mix thoroughly.
6. Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes or until bubbling and hot throughout.
7. Remove from the oven and top with the Primula light.
8. Replace in the oven for around 10 minutes or until the Primula has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Pasta bake, Slimming World, syn free,