A delicious traditional Aloo Gobi which has been slightly adapted to be healthier without oil. It is really easy to make and I know you will love it.
3 Medium potatoes (diced)
1 Large Cauliflower (broken into very small florets)
2 Large onions (diced)
2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Ground Coriander
2 tsp Turmeric
2 Red chillies (finely sliced)
2 tsp Fresh ginger (finely grated)
8 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
Bunch of Fresh Coriander
Fat-free Greek Yoghurt
1. Using a large lidded frying pan add the onion and gently cook over medium heat until it is starting to soften, add the dry spices, along with the garlic and ginger.
2. Fry gently stirring frequently for 2 minutes to allow the spice flavours to bloom.
3. Add 2 tbsp of water, don’t be tempted to add more, it is not necessary I promise. Also, add the potato, cauliflower and chillies then put the lid on.
4. Cook for 15 minutes still on medium heat and then remove the lid to check if the potato is cooked and if it is, go to step 5, if not replace the lid and check again every 5 minutes until it is cooked.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the chopped coriander.
6. Serve with a dollop of fat-free Greek yoghurt.
Keywords: side dish, main meal, Indian, Aloo Gobi