A delicious recipe for a healthy minestrone soup that all the family will enjoy and can easily be made on a budget for work lunch.
2 medium-sized onions
2 large carrots
3 sticks of celery
1.5 pints of vegetable stock
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 handfuls of pasta (macaroni works well)
2 tins of cannellini beans (drained)
Basil leaves for serving
1. Dice the celery, onion and carrots and put in a large lidded pan with the stock, chopped tomatoes and garlic.
2. Bring to the boil then put the lid on the plan and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add the drained cannellini beans and pasta and bring to a boil again.
4. Turn down again to simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When pasta is tender remove from the heat and serve topped with basil leaves.
Keywords: minestrone, budget meal,