Fancy making Slimming World loaded fries that are healthy but just as tasty as the more fattening loaded fries you have seen?
Loaded fries are a popular dish that has become increasingly popular in recent years. The idea behind loaded fries is to take a simple dish and elevate it with bold flavours and textures.
Loaded fries can be found on the menus of many fast food restaurants, as well as in trendy gastropubs and food trucks but they’re easy to make at home too.
What are Slimming World loaded fries
They are essentially French fries that have been topped with various ingredients, such as cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green onions. The possibilities for toppings are endless.
Slimming World loaded Fries are healthier options for loaded fries. They are often served as a side dish or appetizer alongside foods such as burgers, sandwiches, or hot dogs.
Loaded fries can also be turned into a full meal by adding additional toppings such as pulled pork, chilli, or grilled chicken. While loaded fries are not the healthiest of meals, they are certainly a delicious treat that is perfect for indulging in occasionally.
Whether you’re looking to try something new or want to enjoy some comfort food, loaded fries are definitely worth a try.
How to make the perfect loaded fries
If you’re a fan of loaded fries, you know that they are a delicious and indulgent treat. But making the perfect loaded fries at home can be a bit of a challenge. Here are a few tips to help you get it right:
1. Start with the right type of fries – Thick-cut fries or steak fries work best for loaded fries, as they can hold up to the toppings without getting soggy, but you can use other types too including curly, or waffle fries too?
2. Cook your fries until they are crispy and golden brown – This will ensure that they can hold up to the toppings without getting mushy.
3. Add your toppings in layers – Start with a layer of cheese, followed by your other toppings, such as bacon, jalapenos, or sour cream.
4. Bake your loaded fries – Bake your loaded fries in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. This will help all of the flavours meld together and create a delicious, gooey mess.
5. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings – Loaded fries are a blank canvas for all sorts of delicious flavours, so feel free to experiment with different combinations until you find your perfect recipe.
Topping ideas for your Slimming World loaded fries
Loaded fries are a delicious treat, but they can be high in calories and not very friendly to a healthy diet. However, there are ways to make them slimming world friendly without sacrificing taste. Here are some tips:
- Swap regular potato fries for sweet potato fries. Sweet potatoes are lower in calories and higher in fibre, making them a healthier option.
- Use low-fat cheese or a dairy-free alternative instead of regular cheese. Primula light works very well and melts to make a lovely cheesy sauce. Avoid the 50% less fat cheddar and instead opt for 30% less fat, in my experience the 50% option doesn’t melt as well.
- Add plenty of vegetables like peppers, onions, and mushrooms to add flavour and nutrition.
- Use a small amount of lean protein like grilled chicken or turkey bacon instead of fatty meats like bacon or sausage.
- Make your own sauce instead of using store-bought sauces that may be high in sugar and fat. Try making homemade salsa or guacamole instead.
- Top with a spoonful of fat-free Greek yoghurt or low-fat sour cream instead of regular sour cream. If you have time make my fake sour cream recipe.
By making these simple swaps, you can enjoy loaded fries without compromising your Slimming World goals.
Utensils to use to make the perfect loaded fried
Ideally, you want all your fries the same size and shape so that they cook evenly. Below are a few chip cutters for you to consider to ensure you get the perfect fries.
Stainless Steel Potato Chipper
This professional chip cutter is perfect for cutting firm fruits and vegetables into chips quickly, safely and easily. It has two cutter blades and is ideal for creating both chunky and French fries.
This chip maker is constructed from plastic and stainless steel, with a smooth lever and suction base for safe, slip-free use.
Quick Chip Cutter
This cutter is quick and easy to use and will chip a whole potato in one motion. The cut chips are contained in one place thanks to its design.
This chopper can be used for other fruits and vegetables too. It comes with two different blades one for making wedges and the other for making fries.
A Mandoline Slicer
This useful gadget can be used to create chips of all shapes and sizes. It has a chute to enable safe chopping and is easy to use.