This is a collaborative post.
Summer is just around the corner and many of us are looking forward to a time where we can host parties at home with the people we love.
Whether you’ve been spending your days looking at the best panelling trends of 2021; new paint colours for the walls, or even recipes for cocktails – we want to share some side dishes you have to try at your next barbecue.
There are so many fun and delicious dishes to cook at a barbecue but the side dishes can be just as important as the mains. Here are some of our simple ideas for side dishes that will tantalise your taste buds and impress your guests.
Grilled corn salad
Sweet corn is a summer mainstay and you can make it the star of the show with this super simple recipe.
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 bag mixed leaves
- 50g cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp pesto
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- In a foil packet, add your corn and cook on the grill until tender. Once cooked, remove from the foil, brush with some oil and hold on the grill on each side for 1 minute until slightly brown and charred. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of your salad ingredients and toss to combine and coat everything with the dressing.
- Take your corn and slice off the corn from the cob lengthways. Add to the salad and serve.
Spicy potato wedges
There is nothing easier to add to a plate of meat and salad than some simple spicy wedges. These will be perfect alongside the perfect burger and will provide the perfect vehicle for dipping in sauces.
- 400g potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Preheat a baking tray with some olive oil at 220°C.
- In a pan of cold water, add some salt. Chop your potatoes – leaving the skin on if you wish – and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add your seasonings. Shake the potatoes around to allow them to fluff up a little. Add to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
Refreshing feta salad
Sometimes when you have so many meaty and carb filled dishes at your barbecue the perfect accompaniment is the most simple, refreshing salad. This is only 3 ingredients and provides a simple side dish that everyone will appreciate as a palate cleanser.
- Peel the skin off your cucumber and then slice and cut into cubes.
- Dice your tomato into large cubes and remove the seeds.
- Dice the feta into cubes.
- Combine in a bowl and serve!
These simple recipes will be sure to add some fun to your next barbecue and impress all of your guests with your amazing food.
Free gifts for you
Are you struggling to exercise, lose weight or feel good about yourself? The free resources and support programmes I have to help you might be just what you need! Check them out by clicking the image below!