There is something special about a cheese toastie that makes it the perfect comfort food. It’s warm, gooey, and satisfying, and it hits all the right spots.
Here are a few reasons why cheese toasties are the ultimate comfort food:
They’re easy to make – All you need is bread, cheese, and butter, and you can have a delicious cheese toastie in minutes.
They’re customisable – You can add different types of cheese, vegetables, or meats to your toastie to make it your own.
They’re nostalgic – Many of us grew up eating cheese toasties, so they bring back happy memories of childhood.
They’re comforting – There’s something about the warmth and simplicity of a cheese toastie that just makes you feel better.
They’re versatile – Cheese toasties can be eaten any time of day, as a snack or a meal, and they go well with a variety of side dishes.
You may make a toastie in a traditional toastie maker but did you know that you can also make toasties in the air fryer?
How to make the perfect air fryer cheese toastie
For the perfect air fryer cheese toastie you will need bread, cheese and some butter – that is it – just three ingredients. You can use any type of bread and cheese you wish but a type of bread that toasts well and cheese/s that melt are best.
Making a cheese toastie in an air fryer is quick and easy. It’s the perfect comfort food on a miserable day or a quick lunch on one of those days when you just can’t be bothered to cook.
Follow these steps for the perfect toastie:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 180°C.
2. Take two slices of bread and spread butter on one side of each.
3. Place the buttered side of one slice of bread face down in the air fryer basket.
4. Add your desired amount of cheese on top of the bread slice.
5. Place the second slice of bread on top of the cheese, with the buttered side facing up.
6. Place the air fryer basket in the preheated air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
7. Use a spatula to remove the cheese toastie from the air fryer basket
8. Serve hot with a side salad or maybe with loaded fries or wedges if you’re having your toastie as a light evening meal.
How to enjoy a cheese toastie on Slimming World
If you follow the Slimming World plan and want to enjoy a cheese toastie whilst losing weight then there are a few options open to you.
You can actually make a cheese toastie syn free if you use Frylight instead of butter and weigh your cheese and bread and have them as your healthy extra a choice (cheese) and healthy extra b choice (bread).
Variations to try
You can experiment with different types of cheese or add additional toppings like ham, onion, cooked bacon and/or tomato.
Instead of just trying sliced bread why not look at pizza bread, naan bread, sandwich thins or even homemade bread?
Overall, cheese toasties are the perfect comfort food because they are easy to make, customisable, nostalgic, comforting, and versatile. Have you made an air fryer cheese toastie yet? Did you know you could have a syn-free cheese toastie on Slimming World?