Tips for making this coffee and chocolate cheesecake
This chocolate and coffee cheesecake does not have a biscuit base. Of course, you could add one but this would mean extra calories and really it is not necessary you will still enjoy it I am sure.
Only make this cheesecake using a springform cake tin. This is one where the bottom can easily be released. The main thing to ensure is that liquid can not escape before it is cooked!
What is Quark?
It is a soft cheese made with skimmed milk. It’s rather like Philadelphia in its consistency and, due to the fat-free aspect of it, there is little flavour. Because of this, quark on its own is not often enjoyed.
Etsy for weight loss
Can I eat cheesecake on a diet
If you follow Slimming World, Weight Watchers (WW), Noom or any other weight loss plan this is a great recipe to try. It is of course important to check yourself any plan you follow and remember all nutritional information and ingredients are found in the recipe card below.
Top tips for healthier treats
It is ingrained in us that desserts are not good for us. This is not the case. The reality is that it all comes down to eating everything in moderation and cooking things the right way. Many of us eat for the wrong reasons too.
Do you eat because you are hungry or because you are bored? We so often eat our emotions and that is what makes us gain weight more than what we are actually eating. Because we are feeling depressed we eat and eat and it is the quantity that really does it to the waistline!
What are your favourite sweet treats you can buy? Here are mine!
Why you should enjoy desserts on a diet
If you are following a diet you will know how careful you feel you should be with your calories, syns or points. One good way to make your smaller dessert more filling is to add fruit or another low-calorie food. Fat-free fromage frais is a great choice and a great addition to most desserts or have a smaller piece.
If you prefer you can add a little flavouring or sweetener too. My favourite sweetener is Canderel Sugarly.
Do you ever have a glass of water before your dessert? Next time give it a try, you will naturally eat less as the water fills you up a little. A perfect way to enjoy the dessert you want and still lose weight.
More recipes you may enjoy
If you are looking for more recipes that use quark then you need my quark guide here.
Weight loss and Exercise Support
Have a good look around and see how I can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Request my free resources to get you started too!Print
This tasty coffee and chocolate cheesecake is low-fat and worth every bit. Enjoy it with some cherries or another fruit of your choice for a delicious dessert.
500g fat-free fromage frais
250g quark (or more fat-free fromage frais if you prefer)
8 tbsp granulated sweetener
2 tsp instant coffee granules (caramel flavour works amazingly!)
1 tsp boiling water
50g Dark chocolate cooking chocolate, Green and Blacks or similar.
- Preheat the oven to 150°c. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water then set aside to cool at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs lightly and slowly add in the fromage frais gently beating until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the quark and sweetener to the fromage frais mix.
- Take 1/3 of the fromage frais and quark mixture and put aside in a small bowl.
- Mix the coffee with the 1 tsp boiling water and then mix into the larger bowl of the mixture.
- Mix the chocolate into the fromage frais mix in the smaller bowl.
- Line the springform tin (approx 7 inches/20cm) with baking paper
- Pour the coffee flavoured mix into the lined tin.
- Blob the chocolate mixture into the coffee mixture and using the end of a spoon gently swirl the mixes together.
- Place into the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then put in the fridge to chill for 4 hours before serving.
Free gifts for you
Are you struggling to exercise, lose weight or feel good about yourself? The free resources and support programmes I have to help you might be just what you need! Check them out by clicking the image below!