This chocolate raspberry mousse recipe is not for those of you on a strict diet, it’s the perfect pudding for dinner parties too. Perfect if you’re healthy eating. If you are looking for a Slimming World chocolate mousse then this could help!
That said it is so good you will surely want to treat yourself. It may be the perfect delicious dessert for a romantic meal? Why not give it a try yourself?
How easy is this recipe to make?
This recipe is so easy to make children will enjoy making it too. There is no reason they can’t lick the bowl as it doesn’t involve anything like raw eggs. A bonus on all accounts I would say.
Compared to many other healthier desserts it does not use Quark and in my opinion, is much nicer than a Slimming World quark chocolate mousse!
Why do chocolate and raspberry go so well together?
What can I say? If you love chocolate and like raspberries then this chocolate raspberry mousse is amazing. Also, the fact it involves raspberries means you feel like you are being a little healthy! But not really!
If you are worried about the cost of the Lindt raspberry chocolate or can not get it near you then don’t worry. I suggest substituting for cheaper dark chocolate and adding some raspberries to the mixture it will still be yummy!
Making this raspberry and chocolate mousse healthier
If you are desperate to make this but want it to be healthier then you could always use a lower fat cream. A good substitute is Elmlea whipping. It is still, in my opinion, better than a Slimming World quark chocolate mousse as it is proper chocolate and tastes naughty.
Making your portion smaller and making 8 small ones would be a great swap too. Using granulated sweetener can save a little sugar and a few syns on the total recipe there too.
More recipes you may enjoy
Here are some of our favourite desserts you should try!
Etsy for weight loss
If you are like me and like buying fun new items to motivate your weight loss, then here are my favourites. Etsy is great for items for the kitchen and weight loss goodies. I could spend hours browsing there.
Weight loss and Exercise Support
Have a good look around and see how I can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Request my free resources to get you started too!Print
An indulgent chocolatey treat that you can even have on diets with a few adaptions.
100g Lindt dark chocolate raspberry
225ml Whipping Cream
75g Pink and White marshmallows (roughly chopped)
150g Fresh or frozen raspberries
2 tsp Caster sugar
Mint for decoration
1. Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the water is not touching the bowl. Put 75g of the chocolate in squares into the bowl and 100ml cream and allow to melt. Stir frequntly.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes, stirring every now and then.
3. Crush the raspberries with the sugar and spoon into 4 small sundae dishes.
4. Whip the remaining 125ml cream until soft peaks form. Carefully fold it into the cooled chocolate using a large metal spoon or spatula until evenly mixed.
5. Spoon the chocolate mixture on top of the raspberries and grate or chop the remaining 25g of chocolate and sprinkle on top. Add a little mint for decoration.
6. Leave to set in the fridge for one hour, or up to 24 hours.
Keywords: Raspberry, luxury dessert, mousse
Free gifts for you
Are you struggling to exercise, lose weight or feel good about yourself? The free resources and support programmes I have to help you might be just what you need! Check them out by clicking the image below!