This is a collaborative post or advertisement.
If you’d agree with me, consuming a wholesome cup of Starbucks coffee does not only offer a sweet-tasting experience. It also tingles us into believing we can brew on our own, thereby helping us unlock our hidden barista-potentials. I mean, most of us have probably mustered some determination to occasionally attempt on brewing some special and top-trending recipes.
Like now, you’ve probably heard of some Whipped Coffee on TikTok or somewhere else. Brewing this on your own offers a chance to show how much creativity and sweetness you can contribute to the coffee world.
So, no worries as I’ll show you in this piece, a complete guide on how to make whipped coffee.
But first things first…
What is Whipped Coffee?
Whipped Coffee, otherwise known as ‘Dalgona Coffee’, is known far and wide, making the rounds on TikTok, and is often regarded as TikTok’s most influential drink.
Although it takes root in South Korea, it is called various names in different locations. In Greece, it’s called Frappe; and in India, it’s commonly known as Beaten Coffee.
All the same, the beverage is named after a well-known honeycomb candy. All it takes is an instant coffee, sugar, milk, and water — and you’re on your way to brewing your first fancy coffee drink. So, let’s get started:
Tips to keep in mind before making Whipped Coffee.
Instant coffee can only be replaced by any made-up espresso. Nothing else. Because it is what makes whipped coffee whipped. So, it is necessary. You can use any of Folger’s or Nescafe or something like Café Bustelo for this mix.
Your early mornings are secured, and you don’t have to rush out while whipping coffee. It won’t take over 5 minutes to whip perfectly, depending on the tools used.
To make whipping faster, you can use an electronic milk frother or a stand mixer.
Mix your ingredients in a bowl, instead of a jar or mug. You don’t want your coffee to get muddled up by using a tall container. The essence is to allow air to interact with the mix for some fluffy results.
You can make variations with almond milk, coconut milk, or nut milk.
Ingredients for the Process
You’ll need the following for the job:
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Ice cubes (for cold brew)
- 1 cup of whole milk or cream.
Now, to the proper procedure…
How to brew Whipped Coffee
- Get started; mix an equal proportion of instant coffee, sugar, and milk into a bowl. Although I recommend 2 tablespoons of each, and ½ milk cup, you can choose to make it 1 or triple it.
- Whisk vigorously for about 3 to 4 minutes. You can use either your hand or an electric hand mixer. Do this until the mixture is thicker with peaks generated atop, and it looks lighter.
- Then, the final step. Depending on whether you’d love it hot or cold, you can choose to heat your milk/cream to achieve a steamy drink or add the ice cubes into a tall glass for a cold brew.
- Pour your coffee mixture into your tall glass of heated or iced milk/cream.
- Stir carefully.
- Drink, and enjoy!
The extent to which milk is used in Dalgona Coffee implies the low acidity it attracts. Hence, it is beneficial health-wise for you. Not just that, medics confirm that it has low caffeine content, and as such, you are sure to have a good sleep after gulping a glass of Whipped Coffee.
However, you stand the chance of consuming more calories every time you double your milk. So, a moderate milk level is recommended. While you have a lovely brewing experience, you can read our post to discover 10 summer recipes.