This is a collaborative post or advertisement.
What’s the first thing you need to lose weight? Exercise! Most articles and guides suggest the most difficult exercises and bland diets. What if we told you that losing weight doesn’t have to be a tedious task but a fun activity?
We understand sticking to rigid exercise routines and strict diet cultures can be stressful, but there are many ways to make your exercise routines fun. Read about six fun activities that will help you lose weight.
The Amount of Exercise
It is no secret that you must put in a lot of effort to lose weight. Unfortunately, rigorous exercise and strict diets have become part of the norm regarding weight loss. Yes, they work, but the concept can sometimes be intimidating.
There are days when getting out of bed can be exhausting, let alone having the trainer breathing down your neck, making you run on the treadmill until your heart is in your throat anymore, and lifting weights until you can’t feel your hands and legs. The anticipation of such a strenuous routine can be daunting, hampering your motivation and killing the mood.
Working out is crucial to stay fit, whether you want to lose weight. The adrenaline rush that comes with a workout is beneficial for the body and mind. It heightens physical senses, and regulates blood pressure and heart rate, promoting endorphins in the brain, relieving stress and pain, and causing an uplifting response.
But none of that works if your exercises are causing you stress. If the thought of working out is daunting to you, then it’s useless. Sadly, today’s exercise and diet culture promotes a discouraging picture, with unrealistic body images, so-called weight-loss pills, and fad diets.
However, working out to lose weight does not have to be an unsettling task, and it isn’t because other fun activities will help you achieve the same results.
6 Fun Activities To Lose Weight
Take a look at some fun activities that you can do to lose weight and have fun while doing so,
- Swimming: You work harder in water than on land. So 30 minutes of swimming every day is fun and really gets your heart up to get you moving.
- Martial Arts: Besides teaching incredible self-defence moves, martial arts are a fantastic activity to lose weight. From the celebrated forms of Taekwondo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Phoenix BJJ, to the popular boxing or karate, any martial art will promote weight loss.
- Hiking: Explore the wilderness and lose weight! An hour-long hike is not only a great way to shed pounds but also to get you sweating. Let a friend or your puppy tag along to make it more fun!
- Dancing: Like any other aerobic exercise or cardio, dancing helps you lose calories. It can also help you build and tone your muscles. And most importantly, it is so much fun to let loose and dance away!
- Cycling: The benefits of cycling range from keeping cardiovascular functions in check to losing calories and promoting fat loss. It is a fun and exhilarating activity you can do with your friends or by yourself!
- Rollerblading: Who doesn’t love strapping on a pair of roller skates and zooming down the driveway? Wait till you find out you could also lose calories while skating around the house or the neighbourhood!
Remember that doing any of these activities for a week or more, will not give you instant results. Also, don’t burn yourself out trying to do everything at once! Instead, give yourself time to rest, try a new activity every week, and continue with a good exercise routine and healthy diet.
Whether you want to lose weight or stay fit, remember to be patient and consistent. Patience and consistency are key to achieving any goal.
The process of losing weight is not necessarily agonizing. Combining some of these fun activities, a good exercise routine, and a healthy diet can accelerate your weight loss.
Share it with your friends and family so they can get some great tips too!
1. Are There Specific Dance Styles That Help you Lose Weight?
Choreography routines that utilise the movement of all four limbs are usually appropriate. But if you have a routine that works for you, then let loose!
However, if you’re looking to join a specialized class for weight loss, you could join a Zumba class, or an adult ballet class even! Zumba is a Latin-based dance style that incorporates the whole body’s movement to high-energy beats and rhythms.
Adult ballet depends on balancing your own body weight, which strengthens muscles and helps burn tons of calories. Who would’ve thought dancing had so many benefits?
2. What Activity Can Help Reduce Belly Fat?
There are a lot of fun activities that can help you lose belly fat fast! You can try hula hooping, which is fun and burns up to 600 calories in an hour! This activity focuses on your core, helping strengthen and tone muscles and losing calories in the process.
Another super fun activity is rowing, which also focuses on the arms and core, building muscle mass while toning them and promoting fat loss.
An underrated but most fun activity among the 3 is belly dancing. Not only does it focus on fat loss in your abdomen, but it strengthens your back and tones your hips and waist. All while you’re busting some serious moves!