I am often asked for a healthy and Slimming World friendly meal plan which includes lots of vegetables as we all know this is better for weight loss. Here I have a meal plan which can be for meat-eaters, vegetarians or even adapted a little for vegans. The important thing is it includes lots of vegetables and as such should really help with your weight loss.
Just Average Jen is an independent blog. It is not connected with any weight loss plan. None of the contributors have received training from them or worked for them.
It is the reader’s responsibility to check nutritional values, such as Slimming World syn values and WW points. Additionally, they must check any other allowances, as any given are approximate.
Who can enjoy this meal plan?
If you follow Slimming World, Weight Watchers (WW), Noom or any other weight loss plan you can usually count the ingredients within this recipe in your allowances. It is of course important to check yourself any plan you follow and remember all nutritional information and ingredients are found in the recipe card below.
This meal plan is not specifically for anyone in particular but perfect for families as well as couples. Even if you do not follow Slimming World it is still great! Just ignore the syns and healthy extra references! If you are a family with children who have school lunches or different breakfasts it is easy to adapt those recipes to just yourself or two of you and make the family meals for all who will enjoy them.
The curry recipes in this meal plan are not too spicy so should be enjoyed by most people but you can always swap them for other meals if you prefer. Check out all my recipes in this recipes guide.
Why you need vegetables to lose weight
Everyone knows vegetables are good for you, don’t they? They are healthy and filling for very few calories!
The best vegetables are those with low-calorie density.
This means if you eat 100g of spinach, for example, it is just 23 calories and 100g of crisps, which would be just as filling, is around 536 calories!
Find more tips about the best vegetables for weight loss.
Etsy for weight loss
If you are like me and like buying fun new items to motivate your weight loss, then here are my favourites. Etsy is great for items for the kitchen and weight loss goodies. I could spend hours browsing there.
There are so many great food diaries too so you can record your meal plans and track your weight loss to keep a record of the good and bad weeks. Click the photos to have a look for yourself.
What are the best meals for weight loss?
If you are looking to really boost your weight loss then there are a few things you should consider. Here are a few tips to help you.
Look at your portion sizes and drink a glass of water before each meal.
Include as many vegetables as you can with the meal ideally half of your plate as vegetables.
Eat from a slightly smaller plate. When you serve your food it is more likely you will serve less on a smaller plate and then as such, you will eat less.
Limit your carbohydrates. Whilst they are filling they do not keep you feeling full for as long as protein-filled foods do so try to opt for these where possible.
Snack on fruit or vegetables with high water content, eg melon or cucumber if you are eating for habit rather than hunger. If you are feeling hungry opt for protein-based foods such as boiled eggs, cooked lean meat etc. A vegetarian option could be curry loaf.
The 7-day Slimming World friendly meal plan for great weight loss
- Breakfast: Melon and yoghurt of your choice. This only includes syns in the yoghurt you choose. For a syn free choice go for fat-free natural yoghurt.
- Lunch: Rich tomato soup with 60g wholemeal bread. This uses your healthy extra b choice for the wholemeal bread.
- Dinner: Butternut squash risotto with steamed or boiled broccoli.
- Breakfast: Apple and yoghurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon. This only includes syns in the yoghurt you choose. For a syn free choice go for fat-free natural yoghurt.
- Lunch: Hearty vegetable pasta soup.
- Dinner: Gardener’s Pie with homemade onion gravy.
- Breakfast: Gingerbread overnight oats with an apple. This uses your healthy extra b choice for the oats.
- Lunch: Creamy mushroom soup.
- Dinner: Homemade chips, sausages, and Mediterranean vegetables in a balsamic tomato sauce. The only syns in this meal is in the sausages if you do not use syn free ones. Check out all the best sausages and make your own choice.
- Breakfast: Cherry Bakewell overnight oats and some melon. This uses your healthy extra b choice for the oats.
- Lunch: Sweetcorn fritter and salsa with rocket leaves.
- Dinner: Homestyle vegetable curry.
- Breakfast: Bounty overnight oats with an apple. This uses your healthy extra b choice for the oats and approx one syn per portion.
- Lunch: Vegetable sticks with hummus.
- Dinner: Mediterranean vegetable lasagne with a side salad. Uses healthy extra a choice for the cheese.
- Breakfast: Chocolate orange overnight oats with a satsuma. This uses your healthy extra b choice for the oats and one syn per portion.
- Lunch: Hearty vegetable pasta soup.
- Dinner: Sausage casserole. The only syns in this meal is in the sausages if you do not use syn free ones. Check out all the best sausages and make your own choice.
- Breakfast: 2 Sausages, egg, baked beans and mushrooms. The only syns in this meal is in the sausages if you do not use syn free ones. Check out all the best sausages and make your own choice.
- Lunch: Butternut squash and red pepper soup with 60g wholemeal bread. This uses your healthy extra b choice for wholemeal bread.
- Dinner: Mushy pea curry with boiled rice.
Get printable meal plans
If you want to get this Slimming World meal plan and many more in a handy printable PDF version simply subscribe using the box below to my meal planning library. Each week you will receive an email of all my latest posts and access to my meal planning library with all my meal plans and shopping lists done for you to just print out!
Don’t forget all my meal plans are linked here whether you subscribe or not.
Other meal plans
Have you seen my other meal plans in my meal plan directory? Here are just a few to get you started, remember to get those vegetables in too.
I have a lot of weight loss guides and support if you want to exercise including if you have a condition like fibromyalgia.
Have a good look around and see how I can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Request my free resources to get you started too!
Extremely helpful info, look forward to receiving meal plans,, thank you..